Compliance demands a holistic approach to permissions management
To ensure that the extremely broad spectrum of compliance requirements imposed upon companies in today’s world (internal controls, SOX, FDA) can be fully enforced, alongside any other relevant guidelines for company-wide permissions and access control, an optimized and automated solution is required. SAP GRC Access Control helps companies to fully meet these requirements. SAP Access Control is one of the components of the Governance, Risk & Compliance Suite (GRC) by SAP, which provides a holistic control system that enables organizations to implement permissions management – for their SAP systems and beyond.
Separation of critical functions
SAP Access Control supports a preventative separation strategy for critical functions, designed to help prevent unauthorized access. This effectively eliminates many of the most common access risks associated with user permissions and superusers. Furthermore, all existing users and roles defined in the system can be checked initially or at regular intervals against a set of rules. Any errors or permissions conflicts identified by the review that violate the principle of Segregation of Duties (SoD) can be systematically resolved or manually approved (mitigated) by appropriately trained professionals by defining exceptions. These exceptions can be configured to be automatic, semi-automatic, or fully manual.
Minimization of data abuse thanks to proactive risk assessment
SAP GRC Access Control gives you a way to clearly define, delineate, and periodically review the access to your business processes. Proactive risk assessment identifies and eliminates risks. As a bonus, the software makes it easy to define and implement roles and manage emergency access rights according to the principles of best practice. This can massively reduce instances of unauthorized access and criminal data misuse. SAP Access Control enables businesses to review all existing users and roles against a well-established company security policy.
Product Characteristics and Features:
- Risk analysis and elimination
- Legally and guideline-compliant permissions assignment procedures based on approval workflows
- Management of superuser permissions (firefighters)
- Integration of authorized representatives and risk analysis and elimination procedures
- Integrated workflow engine that recognizes and automatically implements the appropriate approval procedures for newly assigned roles
- Compatible with both classical relational databases and the in-memory database SAP HANA
- Integration of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management for holistic, audit-friendly user and role management product history with SAP Access Control
“SAP Access Control supports companies faced with complex compliance requirements in implementing a holistic permissions management strategy that will ultimately benefit them in many ways. The separation of critical factors, combined with automated risk analysis, are key components of a proactive approach to managing permissions within your organization.”
Olaf Tetzlaff (Your GRC Expert)